As part of our commitment to achieving the principles of responsible environmental management, sustainability and protection of the natural environment, we recognise our moral and legal responsibility to ensure that our activities, products and services are designed to protect and enhance the environment in the communities in which we operate. Our obligations are to ensure that our operations do not place the natural environment or the local community at risk of harm.
We are committed to environmental improvement and prevention of pollution through working with our customers, suppliers and the community to:
- Comply with all applicable legal and statutory obligations, corporate requirements and other relevant environmental programs.
- Reduce waste through innovative and recycling work practices.
- Minimise environmental impacts by reduction of polluting substances produced by our operations, activities, products and services.
- Increase the use of environmentally acceptable materials, equipment and technology.
- Ensure that our suppliers follow acceptable environmental policies.
- Actively promote environmental awareness among staff, customers and general public.
We recognise that the overall responsibility of environmental sustainability and improvement rests with management, who will be accountable for the implementation of this policy and to encourage consultation between management and employees in matters that may affect or impact on the environment.